Brand: 1844 Helko Werk Germany
- HANDMADE IN GERMANY The Saxon has the splitting power of a maul, but has the balance, feel, and control of an axe. The Saxon Wood Splitter is a heavy duty splitting axe, best reserved for large rounds and difficult logs. Excellent chopping axe and more effective than a splitting wedge or splitting maul
- C50 HIGH CARBON STEEL – 53-56 HRC – The Helko designed head made specifically as an axe for chopping wood delivers powerful strikes without getting stuck or pinched up in the wood, and is a great addition to your firewood cutting tools.
- GRADE A AMERICAN HICKORY HANDLE – LINSEED OIL FINISH – 150 GRIT SANDED – Sustainably sourced grade A American hickory handle individually hand finished and selected for grain orientation and density with a boiled linseed oil finish and sanded to 150 grit for a comfortable and smooth finish on your axe handle
- INCLUDES FULL GRAIN LEATHER SHEATH – 1 OZ. BOTTLE OF AXE GUARD PROTECTIVE OIL – STEEL OVERSTRIKE PROTECTOR – Helko Werk Axes include a vegetable-tanned premium leather axe sheath to protect your axes and hatchets
- DIMENSIONS Head Weight: 6.2 lb / Length: 31 in. / Total Weight: 8.5 lb
Details: The Saxon Splitter is a German crafted splitter with a head designed to deliver highly effective strikes that increase splitting efficiency. The heel of the axe blade (bottom point of edge) features a small turnaround hook for log moving. This is a very capable splitting tool that handles like an axe but has the splitting power of a full size maul.
Each piece is hand crafted by Helko’s Master Smiths, lifelong artisans of metalcraft. The Smith uses tongs on an open face drop forge to shape the head, a skill requiring impressive control and hand eye coordination that can only be achieved through years of practice. Once satisfied with his work, the Smith hammers the Helko Werk crown logo into the cheek. Only minimal supplementary work is performed, allowing each blade to proudly display its forging marks. No two pieces are exactly alike.
+ Made in Wuppertal, Germany
+ German C45 high grade carbon steel, 53-56 HRC
+ Drop forged, heat treated, and oil-hardened
+ Safety screw installed through head and into handle
+ Crafted in Switzerland from FSC certified Grade A American hickory
+ Individually selected for grain orientation and density
+ Hand finished with boiled linseed oil
+ Red powder-coated steel overstrike protector
+ Traditionally hung with softwood wedge and notched steel ring wedge for maximum security
+ Premium, vegetable-tanned, leather sheath, handmade in USA
+ 1oz bottle of Axe-Guard
+Length: 31 in.
+Head Weight: 6.2 lb
+Total Weight: 8.5 lb
Visit our website – Helko North America – to see full product line